Skip to main content

Parent used alias for child's birth certificate, how can I fix it?

Riverside, CA |

My mother put her alias on my birth certificate, and now she wants to change it so her real name appears on it. Do I need a court order to do this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes, I believe she will need to go back to court to change the birth certificate, but there may be forms she can use and free services at the court to advise her on the forms she needs and how to fill them out.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer