Palmer, Reifler & Associates keeps calling me? Meaning? Can I stop them?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I was arrested for shoplifting in NY and received a civil demand from Palmer, Reifler & Associates. I went on this site and saw that almost every lawyer advised to ignore the letter, so I did.

However, now they are calling me every other day from a 1-888 number where an automated message tells me that I have to call them back regarding something about my account. Is this just a typical scare tactic they use, or is it actually something urgent?

In addition, I am annoyed by the number of times they call me. It is literally every other day. Is there a way to stop them, or will they keep doing this forever?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . The only way to stop them is to hire a lawyer to write them a letter stating that you are represented by counsel. Once that hapens they can no longer contact you and can only contact your lawyer. I do this for all my clients who get civil demands. Palmer, Reifler & Associates is particlary aggressive so they will likely keep calling.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

Answered . You can have a lawyer write a cease and desist letter. If they violate the letter, then you can sue them.