Palcenta Finding 9 mm wide left inside my body for 71/2 months is this a malpractice suite?

Asked over 3 years ago - Oakland, CA

I gave birth to my child Dec 2009 . The doctor had a hard time removing the palcenta from my body she removed it in pieces.I never stopped bleeding or hurting . The doctor concerned my delivery a sucess . I advise a host of Dr. that i was in pain and bleeding . The Dr's. advised my it was a healing process. While after 7 1/2 month of bleeding , and pain 2 byosis , I asked to see the head dr. of OBGYN I was advised that i has a bad infection due to placenta being inside me. finally the head obgyn scheduled my to come in emergency and have a D&C . the results came back 9 mm wide of placenta was inside. Do I have a lawsuit?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Christopher J. Salcido


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . From the sound of it you may very well have a viable claim, I am not a California attorney but I handle many personal injury and medical malpractice claims in Utah. You should consult an experienced medical malpractice lawyer in your area. Best of Luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,802 answers this week

3,138 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,802 answers this week

3,138 attorneys answering