Pain management dr medicine swap from opiate to non opiate, Caused me to have seizures, I have previous TBI

Asked almost 2 years ago - Olathe, KS

Had a seizure from medicine (Tramadol). Tramadol has a warning of seizures, Pain management doctor swapped me to tramadol from Hydro-codone. Previous TBI (Traumatic Brain injury, seems like the pain doctor should have known better than giving me a medicine wit hwarnings of seizures. I didnt ask to change.

1. Sean Michael Patrick

4

Answered . I am not sure of your question but it seems to be whether you have a viable claim for medical malpractice. In a medical malpractice case. You have to show that the Doctor didn't meet the standard of care, and that by failing to meet the standard of care there was some measurable injury. Consult with a medical malpractice attorney in your area to discus the merits of your claim (after reviewing pertinent documents), and to determine whether you are still within the statute of limitations to file your claim. Best of luck.

2. Norman Antonio Stiteler

4

Answered . Whether you are successful in a malpractice claim depends on whether the physician depends on whether the physician practiced in a manner that was outside the standards of the practice. Did your physician have any reason to know you would have this reaction?

3. Chris Matthew Limberopoulos

4

Answered . I don't really see a case here. But consult a lawyer anyway.

Pro

4

Answered . Sorry to hear about this, but likely a tough road to hoe, however, retain a local med mal lawyer who can order your records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com