Paid 10,000 cash retainer + 1,500, divorce I don't earn income. how can I come up with 5,000 to hold a retainer, new attorney.

Sparta, NJ |

raising 1 child + 2 disabled, don't qualify for free legal services based on def. income.
Attorney asked me for a sedative on the trial day.
since consent order know nothing about my case (3 months ago)
decided to text attorney to arrange appointment, in response got a text informing me she did not longer work for "that" law firm and wishing me luck.
no one informed me she was leaving, nor she left. right after her text message. law firm contacted me.
conflict of interest have arisen
pressure for settlement, CIS deadline? review and dispute outstanding fees,
is this an ethics violation?
just asking for the sedative itself is disturbing and totally wrong.
can I get any of my money reimbursed?

I added a family law tag so that you can get the benefit of specialty advice. I do not believe that this attorney has met their ethical obligation to you, but do not practice in this area or state.

Please follow this link and read:

Many states have a fee arbitration system which can be determined through your states bar association website or by calling and asking for direction. You may be able to get some of your fee back if the hours provided were clearly excessive given the amounts received and billed.

LEGAL ADVICE: Unless you have retained me as your attorney, and I am currently engaged by you and providing you with legal advice and services, nothing in this post is intended to be, nor may it be construed as, legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury