PA speeding and traffic court, procedures for contesting old citation issued in state of VA

Phoenix, AZ |

WHILE IN PHILADELPHIA, I RECEIVED AN FIX IT TICKET ABOUT FIVE YEARS AGO.UNDER MY VIRGINIA LICENSE.I NO LONGER HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TICKET.NOW SINCE I NEVER HAD A PHILADELPHIA LICENSE,PHILLY CAN'T HELP ME.AND VIRIGINIA DON'T HAVE THE INFOMATION ABOUT THIS TICKET.SO,WHERE DO I GO FOR HELP.

1. The header of your question indicates that there seems to be more than one ticket - one is Virginia, and one in Pennsylvania.

I am not in attorney in Pennsylvania or Virginia, but I do know that most states share information with each other about a person's tickets, so if you received a ticket in a state in which you are not licensed, your licensing state could (and in many cases does) find out about your out-of-state ticket and will record that information on your driving record.

The first place you should go is to your state's licensing authority to get a copy of your driving history. If your Virginia driving record shows a Philadelphia ticket, you should be able to find out what court that ticket is in, especially if an outstanding ticket is holding you back from driving lawfully.

Because all states have their own motor vehicle laws, you need to contact an attorney in the state in which you received a ticket to handle a matter in that state.

2. It would be worth your while to consult with a traffic attorney familiar with the judges and practices in the court where you received the ticket to explore your options. An attorney familiar with the policies and procedures of the court will know the likelihood of negotiating such a resolution given the circumstances of your case.

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.