Skip to main content

PA personal injury law How do I go about pursuing a claim of negligence on a hotel

Pittsburgh, PA |

How do I go about pursuing a claim of negligence on a hotel? I have talked to lawyers and they've told me that it is a small claim that could probably be handled out of court, but I have no idea where to start.

THE CLAIM: I took my children on vacation to AC beach in NJ, our first night in the hotel my daughter stepped on a lancet (blood sugar needle) she visited the hotel nurse and her suggestion was to take her to her doctor back in pittsburgh. She now has to get a blood test every three months for HIV and other diseases.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Thanks for using Avvo. I am an Avvo Staff Moderator. To read more about our moderation team, follow the link below. Our current question volume may increase the response times of our loyal Avvo lawyer-answerers. My goal is to give you some preliminary information and guidance regarding your legal situation while you wait for an attorney in your area to respond.

If you want to pursue small claims, you would need to do so in NJ - it's easy, and you won't need a lawyer. However, you might want to talk to a few more personal injury lawyers about this, because the nature of your claim may change dramatically if your daughter gets sick because of this.


You should quickly seek a lawyer because the time limit to take action to protect your rights is short.

You might find helpful my Legal Guide "Successful Start for a Personal Injury Suit"

You might find helpful my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

God bless. I am in Chicago and do not practice in your state.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer