PA child support guideline questions

Asked over 1 year ago - Uniontown, PA

have child support order through another state. How do I get it moved to PA and can I ask for a modificaiton?
How often can a modification be done in PA?
How is the calculation done (is it based on your previous tax return or so many paychecks)?
Is it based on gross or net income?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this. The answer to the first part of your question is that since you moved and have estatablished jurisdiction in PA you may be able to use the PA courts to enforce the child support order, as long as your move was allowed by the prior state or if it didn't need to be allowed your new state can enforce the provisions and you will need a material change in financial or other conditions for a modification. Please sit with a lawyer to discuss the rest it is very specifc and very necessary to go over your entire case to give you proper answers. Take care.