Skip to main content

PA child support guideline questions

Uniontown, PA |

have child support order through another state. How do I get it moved to PA and can I ask for a modificaiton?
How often can a modification be done in PA?
How is the calculation done (is it based on your previous tax return or so many paychecks)?
Is it based on gross or net income?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. I am sorry that you are going through this. The answer to the first part of your question is that since you moved and have estatablished jurisdiction in PA you may be able to use the PA courts to enforce the child support order, as long as your move was allowed by the prior state or if it didn't need to be allowed your new state can enforce the provisions and you will need a material change in financial or other conditions for a modification. Please sit with a lawyer to discuss the rest it is very specifc and very necessary to go over your entire case to give you proper answers. Take care.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics