Skip to main content

PA child custody laws, procedure for signing over custody of child

Houston, PA |

my aunt recently signed over custody of here 15 yr old son to me in front of a magistrate is that legal or should it have come from a court?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


A modification is possible by a court hearing especially if there has been a significant change in the income or financial status of either you or your ex-spouse since the date of the last Order. It is not clear whether you want to modify upward or downward.Yes, you need an attorney. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer