PA business bought machines from TX business that are broke and company will not honor warranty. Can I sue them for repairs?

Lebanon, PA |

One machine did not work when it was delivered. 2nd machine had issues within a month. TX company never assisted with repairs even though there was a year warranty included in the sale. The purchase was made well over a year ago, but the company refuses to answer calls in regards to fixing the machines. I do not know how to go about suing them for the repairs being in another state.

It *sounds* like you have a written contract with them, because you have referenced warranties. If so, your contract would determine what your rights are. No one here can answer your questions without being able to read the agreement. It could, for example, dictate that you need to go to arbitration, in the event of a dispute. It could dictate that all disputes must be settled under Texas law, in the State of Texas. Or it could say none of those things and have something else, entirely. There may be a clause which limits their damages.

For all of these reasons, you need to take your contract to a lawyer to be reviewed so you can determine how best to proceed.

James Frederick

*** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state.

Arbitration topics

Recommended articles about Arbitration