OVI Ohio high tier first offense.

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

I have never been arrested for anything before, but I got picked up for a Ovi and blew .182 which makes me high tier. The officer let me go home that night and told me he was putting in the report how cooperative I was. I do not have enough money to hire a lawyer and will be trying to get a public defender. What are the chances of getting a plea to the lower tier to avoid jail and do the dui weekend. I may lose my job if I have to go to jail for three days.

1. John Maurice Holcomb

5

1

Answered . That is a realistic goal in many courts. Your public defender can tell you about the practices of your local prosecutor and judge.

2. Mark Alan Deters

Pro

3

1

Answered . If you've never been arrested for anything before. YOU NEED TO TALK TO AN OVI DEFENSE ATTORNEY! Depending on your circumstances in life, you may not be able to afford TO NOT hire an OVI DEFENSE ATTORNEY! THERE ARE MANY COLLATERAL CONSEQUENCES OF AN OVI. IN COLUMBUS, YOU HAVE MANY GOOD OVI DEFENSE ATTORNEYS TO CHOOSE FROM! Feel free to contact me for a referral. Its worth at least a consultation over the phone with one or two. Who knows. You may be able to work something out. AND, it may save you some seriously painful collateral consequences down the road.

Best regards,
    Mark A. Deters, Esq.

3. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

3

1

Answered . If your record is clear the chances are fair. They are obviously much better with an attorney. You should also get a drug and alcohol assessment and start the followup. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, LLC
    Dayton, Ohio
    (937)510-6110
    www.becklawofficellc.com

4. Jessica G. Fallon

3

1

Answered . In the Franklin County Municipal Court, you do have a good chance of having your charge reduced to the low tier-or "impaired"-charge at your initial appearance. You should consider consulting an attorney who can review the police report and alcohol influence report and consult with the prosecutor at your arraignment. I offer free consultations if you would like to discuss your case further. Feel free to contact me at 614-444-3036.