Overtime requirements for salaried employees.

Asked 12 months ago - Miami, FL

I am a full time salaried employee, but I do have to punch in and out every day I work, including punching out for lunch. What are the requirements, if any, for my employer to compensate me for any hours worked over 40 each week?

1. Andrew Michael Bonderud

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. If you're not getting paid properly, you should consult an attorney.

Andrew M. Bonderud, Esq.
    The Bonderud Law Firm, P.A.
    Office: 904-438-8082

2. Arthur Thomas Schofield

Pro

Answered . As other counsel have pointed out, depending on your position the employer may have misclassified you. Having someone clock in and out is not a requirement when they are exempt from overtime, but it is not prohibited either. I recommend you speak to an attorney and share more facts about the situation. My office can assist if you wish.

3. Sean Patrick Lewis

1

Answered . Whether you are eligible for overtime is typically decided at least partly by what you do for the company. Look here for more info:

http://www.minimum-wage.org/overtime/florida

4. Darrel S Jackson

Pro

1

Answered . Most employees are entitled to overtime for hours over 40. You may fit into an overtime exemption (meaning you don't get overtime), but that would depend the nature of your job duties. You should consult with an employment attorney.