Overstayed/Expired visa & passport. No social security card so cant work or drive. Need help asap.

Asked over 3 years ago - Auburn, AL

Parents brought me here from Mumbai, India when i was 9 or 10 years old and im now 21 years old and graduated highschool with some years in college. Also, I now have a overstayed tourist visa and my passport recently expired. My parents weren't able to get me a social security card when I was young so I cant drive or work legally in the U.S. Need any help I can get on how to fix the problems my parents started. Really want to find a legal way I can work and drive in the U.S. and leaving the country would be the last resort.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You would only be able to get the green card in the US if you either marry a US citizen or qualify for 245(i). Your options are otherwise very limited, as you cannot adjust or change your status in the US, and if you leave the US, you will be barred for 10 years.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts... more
  2. Andre R. Olivie

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Marrying a US Citizen may likely be your only option or the Dream Act if it were to pass. Consult with an attorney about the details of your case to see if there might be any other possibilities.

    Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,297 answers this week

2,815 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,297 answers this week

2,815 attorneys answering