Overstayed/Expired visa & passport. No social security card so cant work or drive. Need help asap.

Auburn, AL |

Parents brought me here from Mumbai, India when i was 9 or 10 years old and im now 21 years old and graduated highschool with some years in college. Also, I now have a overstayed tourist visa and my passport recently expired. My parents weren't able to get me a social security card when I was young so I cant drive or work legally in the U.S. Need any help I can get on how to fix the problems my parents started. Really want to find a legal way I can work and drive in the U.S. and leaving the country would be the last resort.

You would only be able to get the green card in the US if you either marry a US citizen or qualify for 245(i). Your options are otherwise very limited, as you cannot adjust or change your status in the US, and if you leave the US, you will be barred for 10 years.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Marrying a US Citizen may likely be your only option or the Dream Act if it were to pass. Consult with an attorney about the details of your case to see if there might be any other possibilities.

Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Do not rely on this advice without speaking to an immigration attorney in detail about your case. This message does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Employment