Overpayment of Child Support

Asked about 1 year ago - Davis, CA

My ex was granted child support based on the fact I had no custody or visitation of our child. She requested guideline support which was granted at $411, then she requested daycare expenses which she was granted $300 extra. My lawyer found out that her receipts were fake and she never paid daycare cost because she was on a state program that pays child care based on her income. Because I was ordered to pay so much started from the date she filed, I ended up in rears. Once we got a court date and everything was found out, her lawyer requested that we sign paperwork to forgive the rearage AND the overpayment. Is there a way I can still go after her for the overpaid child support since there would have been no rearage if she hadnt lied about paying daycare cost?

1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

1

Answered . Depends on what the agreement states. It is possible if it wasn't settled.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Talk with your previous attorney