Overcharging on post judgement interest rates

Asked over 1 year ago - Pontiac, MI

what legal actions can I take if a creditor is overcharging on interest I have already talked to them and they say the interest is correct. I have a judgment against me for total $5596. and in not quite 22 months the interest is $1661 and I paid them $400 in march 2012..The most interest I calculated is $1498 and that is for 24 months. How should I approach it they are not easy to deal with I am trying to get back on my feet and pay it off but the interest is adding up so quickly are there any legal actions I can take

Attorney answers (1)

  1. James C. Higgs

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The judgment order sets interest rate, maxed at 13%. If you have definite proof creditor wrong file motion and order to show cause and make them show up to court and explain why they are disobeying judges order.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,198 answers this week

2,914 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,198 answers this week

2,914 attorneys answering