Skip to main content

Over 90 days and cps has not filed evidence against me, what does that mean

Plano, TX |

It has been over 90 days since court ordered cps to present evidence but as of today they have not. What happens now?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You need to take your documents (pleadings and orders and CPS plans) to an attorney for a face-to-face consultation. You are not able to describe what is happening procedurally well enough for me to give you any other advice. I think you have misunderstood the Judge's instructions and the posture (stage) of your case.

    Ms. Laster practices in Dallas, Denton, Collin and Tarrant Counties. Principal office located in Lake Dallas, Texas. This does not establish an attorney/client relationship.

  2. If you are not represented by an attorney who can assist you with this matter, you should consult with one to assist you in determining what the next step will be. Most local attorneys offer consultations at a reasonable fee. Best of luck to you.

  3. If CPS is involved you need your own lawyer. Use the Find a Lawyer function above.

    This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics