Skip to main content

Over 25 years ago I was diagnosed as having Parkinson's Disease. Early on I was given Mirapex. It cost me my family and money.

Littleton, CO |

My wife is filing for a divorce, I practically gave away 1/2 million dollars (more than we actually had), and I can now see why I lost the respect I once had with many of my friends. It does not seem right that I should pay as much as I have (essentially 15 years of my life), and continue to pay (both in dollars and relationships) in a situation like this. The drug does a good job of quelling PD symptoms, but nothing said I was risking my life in such an egregious manner. My doctor, thank goodness, insisted I use a different drug (Tasmar) and now I can see what my family and friends saw and it is very ugly. I have a lot of explanations and apologies to do.

And meanwhile I need to pick up what remains of my life. Life has its edges; I understand that. But this is excessive.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You have asked no question that I can discern. If you were not damaged by Mirapex, you have no claim that I can see. If your divorce settlement or outcome needs to be looked at, post here on AVVO under family law.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.


Although I am sorry for your circumstances, you have not asked a question. If you have one, please ask it. This answer is provided as general information about a legal issue, is not legal advice specific to a particular case, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship with the person asking the question.


I am sorry for the many difficult things in your life and I am glad to see that you are coming to a better state of mind, but as the others note, you haven't really asked a question.

If you are asking whether you might have a cause of action against the manufacturer of MIRAPEX, the answer is 'maybe'. You will have to see an attorney trained in malpractice. However, some drugs have side effects and are often prescribed despite the side effects because the alternatives are worse.

Good Lick with this.

I am licensed in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, and therefore any discussion of issues related to other states must considered within that context. In addition, my comments are not intended to create a legal representation but merely to respond to the limited facts presented by the question. Any opinion herein is not meant as a precise statement of legal rights or as a recommendation of any particular course of action. A more complete legal review can be obtained through local counsel.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer