Over 25 years ago I was diagnosed as having Parkinson's Disease. Early on I was given Mirapex. It cost me my family and money.

Asked over 1 year ago - Littleton, CO

My wife is filing for a divorce, I practically gave away 1/2 million dollars (more than we actually had), and I can now see why I lost the respect I once had with many of my friends. It does not seem right that I should pay as much as I have (essentially 15 years of my life), and continue to pay (both in dollars and relationships) in a situation like this. The drug does a good job of quelling PD symptoms, but nothing said I was risking my life in such an egregious manner. My doctor, thank goodness, insisted I use a different drug (Tasmar) and now I can see what my family and friends saw and it is very ugly. I have a lot of explanations and apologies to do.

And meanwhile I need to pick up what remains of my life. Life has its edges; I understand that. But this is excessive.

1. Karl J Geil

3

Answered . Although I am sorry for your circumstances, you have not asked a question. If you have one, please ask it.

2. Barry Franklin Poulson

2

Answered . You have asked no question that I can discern. If you were not damaged by Mirapex, you have no claim that I can see. If your divorce settlement or outcome needs to be looked at, post here on AVVO under family law.

3. Norman Antonio Stiteler

2

Answered . I am sorry for the many difficult things in your life and I am glad to see that you are coming to a better state of mind, but as the others note, you haven't really asked a question.

If you are asking whether you might have a cause of action against the manufacturer of MIRAPEX, the answer is 'maybe'. You will have to see an attorney trained in malpractice. However, some drugs have side effects and are often prescribed despite the side effects because the alternatives are worse.

Good Lick with this.