Out on bail after probation revoked

Bakersfield, CA |

Judge revoked my probation and gave me a term of 16 months.when my time is up or as in the process am I still on probation since I'm not doing jail time..I want to make sure so I know if I need to check in with him every month

1. If I understand you correctly, you pled guilty or lost at a VOP hearing. You were sentenced to 16 mos. for the VOP. I assume you did not have counsel, though you should have hired counsel or asked for the Public Defender. If you had either, contact that person. He or he knows your case better than anyone. If you were pro per, unless the Court split the sentence, you are off probation when you are released. It is best to look at your sentencing order to be sure.

The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.

2. This will depend on the full circumstances of your VOP. If you were given the full term, then at the end there will be nothing to do. But, if that is only part of what you could have done, then to be released, you can be put back on probation. You should check with your lawyer who handled the case to explain what terms the judge actually gave you.