Out of state process service. Does a process server when serving somone out of state have to have the form notorized?

The form that was in the packet of papers I got from the clerks office has no place on it to have it notorized so the server didn't. Does this need to be redone and notorized?

Everett, WA -

Attorney Answers (1)

Jeffery Scott Whalley

Jeffery Scott Whalley

Family Law Attorney - Tacoma, WA

Below you will find the rule, CR 5. The form should be correct and a notary not required. File the form returned to you by the server with the court. If there is a problem, they will let you know, but you should be fine.

Best of luck.

Legal disclaimer: The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Featured Legal Guides

Serving divorce papers

Service of process in divorce is the official term for notifying the defendant spouse that a divorce petition was filed with the court.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.