Out of State Parent-rights regarding Visitation, Spousal & Child Support

Orlando, FL |

I have a Pendent lite order in place for SS, CS & Vistation. Its 1600/month & standard visitation. W/my support her income is 4k a month (recv's SS stress disorder) I lost my job & my living situation fell apart. Due to this I had to move out of state & live w/a parent. I advised the courts, gave my new contact info, & stated I will notify them when I have job. I have not missed a payment. My STBX is very upset that I moved & will not allow me to speak to my kids(I advised her & the kids about the move prior) also part of the support w/for the mortgage payment, which she has not paid in 10 months (loan in my name) She stated she used that money to give the kids a better life & help her deal. She says she's broke & is worried if I dont find a job. What are my rights? I cant afford a lawyer

The fact that you moved out-of-state complicates things a bit. I suggest that you consult with an attorney, such as myself, to help establish your rights. I have worked with out of state clients to come up with a plan in situations such as yours.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Transmission of the information in this web site is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody