Skip to main content

Out of state license restoration

Kings Mountain, NC |

Person has no DUI's or points. DWLS and responsibility fees recurring in other state. Person hasn't lived there in 4 years. Resides in NC.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Thanks to the Interstate Compact, most likely you will need to pay all monies due in the other state before you will be able to get a license in North Carolina. Thanks to computers and the internet, they can keep up with you now regardless of where you live. North Carolina is a member of the Compact, so if the state in which you owe money is a member, you will have to pay it before North Carolina will grant you a license. Good luck to you.

<a href="">Fred Amos</a> provides legal representation in Wake County, North Carolina. Any answer provided through this discussion board is a general response to the question and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to this question does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always seek the advice of a lawyer directly to address your specific circumstances. Free consultation and flexible payment plans for <a href="">DWI's</a>. Call 919-803-7208.



Michigan is not a member!!!


There are 49 other states, Which one is it?



Michigan...a non compact state.


Contact an attorney in that "other state" for help.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.


Call the DMV to find out what hold is on your DL. Nothing from your question explains it.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer