Out of state bench warrant

Asked about 4 years ago - Fresno, CA

I received a speeding ticket 5 years ago in near fresno, ca, I recently called the court to resolve this issue and was told I have a bench warrant and I must appear in court. I currently live in Oklahoma is there any way around having to fly all the way to Ca. just to go to court ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert Laurens Driessen

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You can hire an attorney to take care of the situation. If the ticket has not prevented you reissuance of your license in Oklahoma there also may be no need to take care of the ticket as the warrant and the case will fall off the books eventually as well.
    Robert Driessen

  2. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I strongly suggest that you take care of this matter. An California attorney can handle this for you. These are all to often common matters as out of state drivers come to California, get cited , and then fail to deal with the citation in a timely manner. Your ticket has fone to warrant as you failed to appear. You signed the citation at the bottom indicating that you would appear. Call me to further discuss.

    This matter can be dealt with.

    Andrew Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

  3. Mitchell Mead Wells

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Before a lawyer can represent you in Court, your case has to appear on the Court's docket. Currently, the pending or active arrest warrant is probably not before the court. You will have to be "served" with the arrest warrant. Typically, this requires a physical appearance; unless however, you can have California fax the document to be "served" on you to officials in Oklahoma. After the arrest warrant is served, then your case can appear on the court's docket where your lawyer may then be able to handle things without your needing to appear. Good Luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,672 answers this week

3,178 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,672 answers this week

3,178 attorneys answering