Out of F-1 status - can I still travel within the US, do I risk getting deported?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I'm out of F-1 status for a few months, applied for the reinstatement. My I-20 expires in June. My F-1 visa expired two and a half years ago. Is it dangerous for me to travel within the US? (I'm in LA, I want to fly to NY and back). Can I be put in the removal proceedings? Thank you for your advice.

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

5

Answered . If you are truly out of status, you could be put in removal proceedings if ICE or CBP becomes aware of you.

2. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . If you are out of status, then yes, you can be put in removal proceedings.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

Answered . No it does not look dangerous. Why would you ask that?