Skip to main content

Our son driving out of our Mobil home park and a woman said he hit her and ran off . After all the police found nothing

Anaheim, CA |

she has now after 6 to 7 months got a lawyer and a civil case what can happen

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


Report it to your insurance company, and they'll handle it for you guys.


The good news is that if the police found nothing, no criminal charges will be filed. What is left is a civil case. If you have auto insurance, turn the claim over to your insurance carrier and they will defend you and your son.


Notify your insurance carrier and they will defend the claim.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Contact your insurance carrier to report the incident. They will appoint an attorney to represent him.


All of my colleagues are correct in their advice. If your son did not have insurance, you or your son will have to find a good defense attorney to help your son out. You did not state whose car your son was driving or if their was any insurance coverage or what your son's age was and whether he lives with you. Make sure whoever you talk to (depending on whether your son was covered under an insurance policy or not) you tell that attorney the answers to some of my questions.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I have been licensed to practice law in California since 1978. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


Simply report it to your insurance company so they can resolve this. That's why we all carry insurance.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755



This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


Get a copy of the police report and turn this matter over to your insurance carrier for further handling

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer