Our landlord is evicting and i don't know what legal action i can take?

Martinsville, VA |

our land lord has came into our apartment several times without our permission, there was a stain on the carpet and the apartment was a little messy not filthy just messy, also she disclosed information to my mother about our eviction and my mother and her got into an argument about it, She also doesn't allow anyone to visit or stay the night and continues to make a huge scene everything someone comes over our lease says as long as no one stays longer than a night its okay.These are the reasons she gave us for evicting us and i was wondering if this was legal?

Sounds like your landlord has breached the covenant of quiet enjoyment.

A breach of the covenant occurs when the landlord acts in such a way to interfere with the tenants peaceful "possesion." By "causing a scene" when people come over she is interfering.

You should consult an attorney for additional information, and possible remedies available from her.

Good Luck and if you need further information, feel free to contact me.
NOTE: If you find this response helpful, please click on the “thumbs up” button at the bottom.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision & should not be based solely upon advertisements. This site presents general information & is not intended as legal advice. Accessing this page, & any interior pages, is a request for information. That notwithstanding, nothing on these pages, or on any pages linked to these pages, shall be construed as legal advice, nor shall anything on these pages by itself operate to create an attorney/client relationship. An attorney/client relationship cannot be created before the firm has accepted the representation. Acceptance cannot occur before the firm engages you with services & runs a conflict check & your have been notified that you are a client of the law office by email or other written means. Please do not make legal decisions without first having a direct one on one consultation with a Virginia Attorney or an Attorney in you area that knows the relevant facts of your case. &
[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant