Our landlord is attempting to make significant changes to our lease (HUD subsidized Sec. 8 building for elderly/disabled people)

Asked about 1 year ago - Beaver Falls, PA

landlord wants to charge utilities in previously gross lease agreement. landlord plans to charge tenants for common maintenance items (i.e. replacement of smoke detector battery). we need legal help but Neighborhood Legal Services provides help to those only in eviction processes and we cannot afford an attorney. We are very scared.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Charles Laputka


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . If your lease is expired you landlord does have certain rights to renegotiate the terms. There is no "rent control" in PA like in NY. if you aren't happy with the terms of the new lease then you can certainly move to another facility.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,925 answers this week

3,003 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,925 answers this week

3,003 attorneys answering