Our house is paid for but it is only in my husband's name. How do I go about getting my name on the deed?

Asked about 2 years ago - Mishawaka, IN

We live in Indiana and have been married for 19 years.

1. Eric Charles Lewis

1

Answered . Your husband can sign a Quit Claim Deed giving partial interest to you and then you file it with the county recorder's office.

2. Timothy Edward Kalamaros

Answered . A lawyer needs to prepare a deed. Assuming he desires that you be a co-owner, then you need to have a lawyer prepare a deed from himself to you and himself, as husband and wife.

Non-lawyers may not prepare deeds. The only other way to get it done right is to hire it done through a title company, and a title company will have an in house lawyer do it.

Let me know if I can help. Maybe this is a good time to update wills, POA, etc.