Skip to main content

Our 13 yr old mentally disabled son was given a natural sedative by his teachers aid. Do we have a case against the school?

Blaine, WA |

The school put the aid on admit. leave, and hire a third party investigator. She was told to not contact our soon at all, but came by our house and talk to our son while we were at work to find out how he was doing. Should we get a lawyer. We don't want her to ever work with kids again.This has really upset our son and my husband and I. The school put our son in harms way.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes -- hire a lawyer. These issues are much too complex to handle on your own.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements


I agree with Mr. Hawkins and you should start interviewing lawyers right away. You should also notify the school she came to your home.
Good Luck

Only If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes


go see a lawyer right away. there are multiple issues here and government entities a competent attorney can point you toward in addition to exploring other issues.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer