Skip to main content

Other names used or Aliases (if married woman, give maiden name) Ds-230 Form

Los Angeles, CA |

My last question about that form. I was born in Russia with my fathers familiy name, after divorce my mother got heir maiden name back but I kept my fathers family name for 5 more years, after 5 years i changed my family name to my mothers, i have documents to prove this. now my question is :
should I put in the field "other names used or aliases" : First name + Fathers family name ? and bring the documents of chaning my family name to the interview ?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. List any and all names you have used.

    FREE CONSULTATION ON IMMIGRATION AND DEPORTATION MATTERS Contact: Law Offices of KiKi M. Mosley 208 S. LaSalle St. Suite 1400 Chicago, Illinois 60604 773-501-2039 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. Any names used before, after, now etc...

  3. You would not just list one, but all names you have used, and be sure to explain the reasons used to the Immigration Officer at your interview.

    Avvo doesn't remunerate me for this response, and I'm only offering limited advice based on the few facts given me in your question. I am not your lawyer solely because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me or are interested in a low cost or free consultation, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. It's impossible to fully evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics