Original question regarding DUI

Des Plaines, IL |

I originally questioned if my son was able to get his license back after 18 months per his lawyer cause the DMV Said he had to wait three years. YOU WERE ALL WRONG THE TRUTH IS IF YOUR LICENSE IS SUSPENDED YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GO BEFORE A MEDIATOR AT THE DMV AND THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE THE DECISION IF YOU CAN GET YOUR LICENSE TO DRIVE TO WORK CLASSES OR WHAT EVER THEY DECIDE IS REASONABLE. And that is the truth I should of been a lawyer

1. Did you have a question? If your question is should you become a lawyer, I would advise against it. I can't speak to the prior answers you got, but I am sure everyone did not give the unwanted answer.

2. No there is no such thing as an 18 month suspension. So whatever you think you heard is wrong. And Illinois does not have a DMV. The Secretary of State administers drivers' licenses. And the DMV does not have mediators, they are called hearing officers. Suspensions are for 6 months 12 months or 3 years. A three year suspension does not entitle you to a hardship license. You cannot even have a hearing if you have a three year suspension.

3. I disagree that the prior answers were wrong,

In this particular case, there were other avenues to explore that have to do with administrative regulations. In this five to ten minute question-answer forum, the lawyers are not bound to expound on all administrative rules and regulations that might exist, plus the lawyer draws upon past experience in other cases. There was a mediator, there was a decision. So it's not a cut and dried situation--the decision could have gone the other way...

Should you in the future become a lawyer, this will become clear. There is no "one size fits all" when we are dealing with generalities as must be the case here.

The information provided here should not be construed to be formal legal advice. The provision of this general advice does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Persons with legal questions are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice regarding their individual legal issues.

4. Arguing with respected Counsel Harvatin on fine points of Illinois traffic laws is tantamount of arguing with Albert Einstein on the Theory of Relativity.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

5. That's presumably good news. But you also should HAVE studied grammar. Good luck with your son.

6. You did not ask a question, The DMV is known as the Secretary of State in Illinois. The SOS has hearing officers, not mediators. Have fun in law school.