Oregon question re: receiver appointed in divorce case. want to verify what receiver is asking for is even legal.

Portland, OR |

how would one go about finding out about a receiver appointed in a family law case. called the bar assoc. & judicial commission, neither one knew. also asked family law attorney involved who didn't know.
i'm trying to find out whether a receiver appointed in this matter, who is asking for something very unheard of & in my opinion & everyone i've spoken w/in the legal arena, flat out wrong. are there any type of rules, regulations, laws or ethics a receiver has to abide by? is there an organization that oversees their conduct? any ways to find out if a receiver has ever done something unlawful, unethical or had complaints made against them? if not, what type of lawyer would one call to consult to ask questions? afraid of property being stolen, damaged. there's a lot at stake.

1. This seems to be a re-post. You should consult with a family law attorney.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Professional ethics topics