Oregon domestic violence laws, how can a so called victim of domestic violence get the charges dropped

Asked over 5 years ago - Medford, OR

my girlfriend accidently hit me wile wresteling with another girl at a party while i was breaking it up i dont feel im a victim or that the charges pressed on my girlfriend are right how can i get them dropped ?

i want her to come home

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Peter J Carini

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You cannot get them dropped. The prosecutor is in charge of the case. You should recieve a victim/witness statement packet from your county prosecutors office. You can write a statement that no crime occured, that you were not injured in anyway, etc. That statement will have to be given to your girlfiends attorney. If you want justice in the case, it must go to trial or it must be dismissed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,442 answers this week

2,794 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,442 answers this week

2,794 attorneys answering