Skip to main content

Ore. crt. of appeal has remanded a decision by an alj .I now can dispute a ue over payment. Can i stop garn. until this is final

Stayton, OR |

I am being garnished for unemploy. overpayment. Ore crt of appels has remanded and i will now get the chance to dispute their claims of a voluntary quit. They continue to garnish. since my case will be re-opened for review of eligability can I stop garnishment until a final decision is made . I was told it cld take up to 6 weeks for a new hearings date. The entire time I get further behind in debt

Attorney Answers 2


Find a lawyer with experience in unemployment appeals. In my state, often we can get a hearing before an administrative law judge and either reduce the amount owed, or work out a payment plan, or do both.

David Mallen

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


It depends on the basis of the decision. I need to talk to a lawyer who does unemployment cases. The court of appeals does not decide how to handle the issues on remand.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics