Orders to a civilian

Asked over 1 year ago - Eugene, OR

I don't know if there is a legal essay somewhere about this, the question would be when a civilian may receive orders, and from whom ?

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

6

1

Answered . Civilians may receive orders from a court that must be adhered to.

Civilians do not receive militarty orders.

The practice area and tags you indicated point toward family law and DV--not sure why you posted this in the military section--can you add additional facts to your question so we can get a better idea of your situation?

2. Jay Bodzin

4

1

Answered . I'm not sure I understand the question. Civilians, by definition, are not part of the military hierarchy, and so can't be "issued orders" by military personnel. Of course, military personnel may enforce the military's rules concerning restricted areas and protection of military assets (so, for example, a soldier can "order" a civilian to keep off a military installation, &c.).

Please read the following notice:

3. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

5

1

Answered . Your question is very unclear. I apologize, it is just a very open question. I think this is probably based upon a particular situation that has occurred. If so, do not share the details on line. Speak to an attorney regarding this if it is something that involves open litigation or the possibility of litigation or charges.