Order of Referral to General Magistrate meaning

Jacksonville, FL |

I getting a divorce and its gotten this far,can you please explain what Order of Referral to General Magistrate means?

This means all or part of your case has been sent to a magistrate, sort of like an assistant judge. A magistrate can usually do all the same things a judge can do, like make rulings, hold trials and hearings, etc., but a magistrate's rulings must be approved by the judge, which generally happens automatically unless someone objects. If neither side has a lawyer, it's very common in many Florida counties for a divorce case to be sent to a magistrate. There is usually a quick time limit for you to object to your case or issue being sent to a magistrate as opposed to remaining with the judge. Sometimes, having your case heard by a magistrate will speed things up.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

Attorney Rose is correct. Generally, the GM deals with parties who don’t have attorneys. You should consult a local attorney so he or she can give you a complete legal analysis of your situation.

JMP Law, P.A.
Juna M. Pulayya
www.jmplawyer.com
junior@jmplawyer.com

Legal disclaimer: This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about my qualifications and experience. Transmission of the information in this web site is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

i dont have an attorney,my ex does,will this affect the outcome,theres a home involved.

Juna Madray Pulayya

Juna Madray Pulayya

Retain an attorney.

Thankyou for your answer,I wish I could but dont have the money..