ORDER OF PROTECTION? HOW CAN HE DISPUTE THAT HE NEVER LIVED TOGETHER WITH THIS CRAZY LADY! WITHOUT HAVING TO GET ATTORNEY.

Asked about 3 years ago - Markham, IL

WELL I KNOW IN ORDER TO GET A ORDER OF PROTECTION AGAINST A PERSON THEY WILL HAVE TO BE A DOMESTIC RELATIONSHIP. WELL MY FIANCEE, WAS INVOLVED WITH A LOONEY WHO OBVIOUSLY WANTED TO BE WITH HIM, & DIDNT GET HER WAY. SHE WENT ABOUT MAKING FALSE ACCUSATIONS & ACCUSED HIM OF TELEPHONE HARASSMENT-WELL HE WAS NOT NOTIFIED ABOUT A COURTDATE SO THEIR FORTH HE RECEIVED A OUTSTANDING WARRANT-HE TURNED HIMSELF IN TODAY & FOUND OUT THAT SHE TRIED NUMEROUS TIMES TO PUT AN ORDER OF PROTECTION, WELL I NOTICE WHEN HE CAME HOME THAT 1 OF THE FORMS THAT WAS COMPLETED AFTER COURT HAD HER ADDRESS ON IT, IN WHICH SHE HAD TO FILL OUT & STATED THAT THEY LIVED TOGETHER TO GET THE ORDER OF PROTECTION (IN WHICH THEY NEVER-EVER LIVED TOGETHE-NEVER WAS MARRIED-& DONT HAVE KIDS. HOW CAN HE DISPUTE THAT SHE LIED!

HE FOUND OUT ABOUT THE ADDRESS ON HIS IBOND PAPER THAT HE RECEIVED! THIS LADY IS CRAZY....HOW CAN HE CONTEST THIS ORDER OF PROTECTION?

1. Zedrick Thomas Braden III

Answered . Hello. It appears, from your statement, that the court granted an emergency order of protection. By law, this can happen if the person seeking the order of protection convinces the judge that they would have been harmed had the respondent been given notice of the petition for order of protection. He definitely needs an attorney, in my opinion. This is a serious matter because a conviction for domestic violence will stay on a person's record just like a felony conviction in Illinois. He should get legal help right away. This situation, in my opinion, is too complicated for him to try to represent himself.