OPT for student with I-130 pending

Asked 5 months ago - Boston, MA

Hi,

I am a F1 student in 2nd year of graduation. Can I get my OPT granted, if my I-130 application is pending pending? What measures can I take?

Thank you.

Do you mean that I cant get my OPT granted?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Theoretically yes, but you might have a serious hurdle to overcome that of the immigrant intent.

2. Nelson K. Brill

Answered . Hi,
    It is very important that you seek a consultation with an immigration lawyer who can learn everything about what has happened so far in your case and give you a sense of your strategy in seeking OPT in a situation where there may be an issue with your nonimmigrant intent preserved for your F-1 visa, especially if your I-130 is for an immediate relative category. You really should seek a consultation to discuss all of this with an immigration lawyer who can map out a strategy or let you know, in person, all of the law in this area. Hope this is helpful to you.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . I would definitely consider hiring a professional immigration counsel as such manipulations may trigger immigration intent complications with subsequent bars for adjustment for perjury.