OPT -- Datafix Pending with Sevis

North Carolina |

Hi

My OPT was shorten till sept end, due to H1B approval with change of status. But before Oct 1st, I lost the job and my employer cancelled my H1B. DSO opened the ticket for datafix, which is still pending from Oct and sevis record is showing as "Completed". Now my OPT will finish in Feb.

Can I stay legally, if the datafix is pending or do I have to leave the country?

Can I transfer to another program without leaving the country, datafix pending?

Thank you in advance

1. These are questions that your school's DSO can answer or else research together with the ICE's SEVIS helpdesk. If you do transfer to another school, your current school will need to release your SEVIS record (which it cannot do until the previous issue is taken care of), and the transfer-in school will need to issue a new I-20 form for you.

Scott D. Pollock
    Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C.
    105 W. Madison, Suite 2200
    Chicago, IL 60602
    (312) 444-1940
    fax: (312) 444-1950
    e-mail: spollock@lawfirm1.com
    internet: www.lawfirm1.com

Please visit our renovated website at www.lawfirm1.com, which allows client access to case status, enhanced information on services, and other convenient features.