Opposing party's attorney wants to negotiate prior to my contempt motion being heard in court. Is this a good sign?

I recently served my ex-wife for violating our parenting plan and the order of support. She was found in contempt a year ago of the parenting plan and I have a strong case with all the evidence proving her denial of mediation, refusal to reimburse, taking more vacation than allowed by the order, etc. She retained an attorney and her attorney called my attorney's office to negotiate/mediate. I haven't been able to speak with my attorney but I'm curious if this is indicative of a poor defense? I have strictly adhered to the court orders and I am confident that there can be no counter-contempt and I don't see any way my ex-wife will be able to defend against my declaration along with the exhibits backing up my claims; most of this proof is my ex-wife's own written words.

Arlington, WA -

Kenan Lee Isitt

Kenan Lee Isitt

Criminal Defense Attorney - Seattle, WA

The overwhelming majority of controversies are resolved through some kind of negotiation, so I would not read too much into the fact that your ex-wife's attorney is attempting to negotiate a resolution.

You should continue to rely on your attorney's expertise. Best wishes.

Sponsored Listing
Joshua A Pops

Joshua A Pops

Child Custody Lawyer - Vancouver, WA

Every case is different, and the reasons for negotiations are different as well. Call your attorney again and ask him or her what the scenarios are under negotiating and under moving forward with your action.

Any answer given is an opinion based on facts presented and does not constitute legal advice. www.joshuapops.com
Bruce Clement

Bruce Clement

Family Law Attorney - Auburn, WA

Maybe yes, maybe no. Ask your attorney.