Opening a company in US with immigration status been H-1B/H-4 and EAD

Asked over 1 year ago - Peoria, IL

So my question is around can we open a company on my wife's name with her status been H-4 and EAD. We would like to sell product here that is imported from outside US. Is that a possibility to start a company that my wife can manage with her status been EAD and H-4.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

1

Answered . Yes.

I assume the EAD is due to your having already filed an employment-based AOS applications.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Best Answer

Answered . You didn't tell us how someone on H-4 has an EAD.

Was Mr. Behar's guess correct.

Sure, if she has an EAD she can be self-employed.

3. Danny Garmo

3

Answered . I suggest you speak to a experienced immigration lawyer to help you out. More facts need to be known to answer the question. How was EAD for H4 acquired?

4. Karen-Lee Pollak

2

Answered . Your wife cannot get work authorization as an H4. You can open a company but oyu cannot work for it in H1B status