Opening a company in US with immigration status been H-1B/H-4 and EAD

Peoria, IL |
Filed under: Immigration

So my question is around can we open a company on my wife's name with her status been H-4 and EAD. We would like to sell product here that is imported from outside US. Is that a possibility to start a company that my wife can manage with her status been EAD and H-4.

You didn't tell us how someone on H-4 has an EAD.

Was Mr. Behar's guess correct.

Sure, if she has an EAD she can be self-employed.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Yes.

I assume the EAD is due to your having already filed an employment-based AOS applications.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. I suggest you speak to a experienced immigration lawyer to help you out. More facts need to be known to answer the question. How was EAD for H4 acquired?

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

4. Your wife cannot get work authorization as an H4. You can open a company but oyu cannot work for it in H1B status