Opening a company in US with immigration status been H-1B/H-4 and EAD

Asked over 1 year ago - Peoria, IL

So my question is around can we open a company on my wife's name with her status been H-4 and EAD. We would like to sell product here that is imported from outside US. Is that a possibility to start a company that my wife can manage with her status been EAD and H-4.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes.

    I assume the EAD is due to your having already filed an employment-based AOS applications.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You didn't tell us how someone on H-4 has an EAD.

    Was Mr. Behar's guess correct.

    Sure, if she has an EAD she can be self-employed.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Danny Garmo

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I suggest you speak to a experienced immigration lawyer to help you out. More facts need to be known to answer the question. How was EAD for H4 acquired?

    Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an... more
  4. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your wife cannot get work authorization as an H4. You can open a company but oyu cannot work for it in H1B status

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,503 answers this week

2,825 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,503 answers this week

2,825 attorneys answering