Open Workman’s Comp case. My attorneys are in the middle of trying to settle my case how do I no what amount my offer should be

I was injured on the job back in April 2012. A file cabinet fell on me from behind. My employer did not make an offer for me to return back to work. My pay rate was $16.33hr. I’m currently being paid by weekly $430.00 plus an extra 15% because I have not return back to work. These payments are considered permitted disability. Since my injury I have had 2 lumbar epidural steroid injections. My impairment ratings from the AME are as follows DRE category II 8% whole person impairment. Left lower extremity 10% whole person impairment. Adding 3% for chronic pain and ADL impairment. The AME states I should have access to orthopedic evolutions on an as needed bases. Along with anti-inflammatory medication and sympathetic blocks. The insurance company has not made any offers to me are my attorney

Your attorney would know the answer better than we would. Settlement demands are fact specific. Without knowing the medical and claims history, it would in my view be irresponsible to give you a dollar amount.

2. You don't. That is why you have an attorney.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: CJCandiano@CandianoLaw.com http://www.CandianoLaw.com

3. Ms Harris & Mr Candiano gave you exactly the right answer....talk to your attorney.