Open intox-driver

Kalamazoo, MI |

i received a citation for open intox-driver this weekend, the court will not tell me the fine until my hearing date. Any idea of what cost or jail time I am looking at, this is a 1st offense and I am over the age of 21

The costs will be up to the court. It coud range from virtually nothing to a few or several hundred dollars, depending. You are probably looking at some form of probation or a diversion program if they have it to offer.

Before you make that decision (to plea), you should consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney.

That is a criminal offense that will stay on your criminal record forever. It can never be removed because the offense was written under the motor vehicle code and cannot be expunged. Do not do anything without using www.avvo.com to find a 10.0 rated criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case with. Most criminal defense lawyers in Michigan will give you a free consultation so there is no reason not to make a phone call and find out what your best options are. Loren Dickstein www.notafraidtowin.com

DUI topics