Open Container, Using Cell, No DL , NO INS ... on probation in henderson for DUI. Can you help with out getting jail time

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

I just want to know if you can help me out with this.. my court date is 04/11/13

Martha_Guizar@yahoo.com

1. Thomas D. Boley

2

Answered . You most likely have a "stay out of trouble" order while the DUI case is open. Therefore, further arrests or criminal charges (meaning, anything higher than a traffic ticket) can trigger revocation of your probation and the Judge could make you serve your suspended sentence of 90 or possibly 180 days. In small offenses like these, jail time can be avoided through artful negotiation and argument.

2. Ross Carl Goodman

Pro

Answered . You should be able to negotiate the open container (the most serious of charges) violation depending on the facts which should not trigger the suspended sentence as long as you make sure that all other requirements for the DUI case have been completed.