Online retailer licensing

Asked 5 months ago - Kennewick, WA

What kind of business licensing do I need to become an online electronic cigarette store? Business is located in Kennewick, WA. Online sales only.

In case it's not clear, I will NOT be selling tobacco cigarettes. I will be selling small electronics and FDA approved flavored liquids, SOME of which contain a nicotine extraction used in nicotine gum or nicotine patches. Are the laws the same?

1. Samuel Watson Eastman

Pro

Answered . There are a number of specific federal and sate laws and regulations that you will need to comply with in selling cigarettes online, including the Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking Act (PACT), an act that specifically regulates internet sales of cigarettes. One feature of this Act is to ensure that all state cigarette taxes are paid, which can be somewhat complicated. Due to the potential penalties and complexity involved with selling cigarettes online, I highly recommend that you find an experienced attorney to help you set this business up in a compliant manner.