Online retail business-startup question

Asked about 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

I will be opening an online retail store next year. An LLC will be formed. My question is, since I will be buying goods from wholesalers (no specific brands) is it ok for me to put a tag with my company name on it when I sell it?

1. Robert Neil Newton

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . You are strongly encouraged to hire a business attorney. First, it's always smart to hire an attorney to draft the contract. Second, it sounds as though you don't have a great understanding of the business relationships and agreements required to achieve your objective. I don't say that to discourage you. Rather, an attorney can direct you in a manner to achieve your business objectives. If nothing else, it's worth a consult.

2. Edward James Kazaleh

1

1

Answered . First, if you are starting a business, you should consult with and get an Attorney. LLC's are not always respected in some jurisdictions as valid, if you are dealing out of Texas and/or the USA.
    Second, there is no way to answer that... if for example you are selling trademarked/patented goods such as little stuffed bears with a heart shaped label and you re-label you are acting illegally and will soon be shut down. If there are certain classes of regulated consumer goods and you do not comply with Federal regulations and origin requirements, you can not lawfully introduce your products into commerce in the USA and most of the rest of the world. If you are selling cuban cigars re-labelled as freedom fighter cigars, you will soon be dressed in an orange jump-suit and looking on AVVO for a federal crimes defense attorney. If you are serious about doing business, do it right and get an Attorney on board to organize it. Or, go to law school and do it yourself. Things are no longer so simple that one can learn as they go...