Online I-90 app, under family name receive error when I put last name as listed on GC. Both maiden and married on GC. Howdoifill

Lodi, CA |

My GC has Hernandez de Trevino and my first name follows. When I enter Hernandez under Family name and my first name, I get error message. If I enter Hernandez de Trevino error as well, Trevino, also error. What is the system looking for? HELP

1. Don't e-file. Mail it in.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

2. I agree. Also if you mail it in you won't have to mail in supplemental documents which then have to be linked to the e-filed document.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

3. Don't ever "e file" anything with USCIS. The system is full of bugs and you create a lot of needless headaches on yourself if you do. Best to mail via certified mail, return receipt requested.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.