Online, my divorce judgment was vacated. Does this mean my ex filed a motion to vacate, or the court?

Asked 4 months ago - Antioch, CA

My divorce was uncontested with custody 80/20, spouse 80 and me 20. Unable to continue financially and not wanting to put the children through anymore duress, I ended up waiving everything. The marriage was 30 years. Spouse makes 3x more than I do and I had to waive support/alimony. What reason would the court vacate the divorce.

1. Gary Ralph Ilmanen

6

Answered . The court may have found errors in the paperwork. Now you can ask for the support and alimony that you deserve.

2. Gregory Paul Benton

5

1

Answered . There might be a jurisdiction problem but the court would have had to make orders so request to see minute orders for the date the vacate order was made.

3. Sandra Maria Nutt

4

Answered . Go to the court, collect your ENTIRE file, take it to a self help desk or pro bono assistance center and figure this out. If you can't afford an attorney there should be a self-help desk at the courthouse or a local pro bono association. Search "Antioch Pro Bono divorce help" or "Antioch Legal Aid" and you may come up with something. You should not give up. An attorney who offers a free consult is a good idea and if your ex makes 3X more than you, an attorney may take the case and seek attorneys' fees from your spouse. Don't give up. I highly recommend retrieving your file first.

4. Athina Karamanlis Powers

Pro

1

Answered . ..all the attorneys gave you excellent advise..I will add something else to their answer...you state that your ex makes 3x more than you do and you had to waive support???why????this creates implications of Community property FRAUD issues....why you waive did you have legal advise??lawyer??someone to protect your interest???and if you did not want alimony why in God's name you did not protect your children... if you recently discover that ex lied in his statement to the court you can revive your case....but everything depends from the facts ...