ONE SETTLOR DECEASED OTHER IN NURSING HOME IRREVOCABLE TRUST HAS RESIDENCE DOES THE NURSING HOME HAVE INTEREST

Asked over 1 year ago - Franklin Square, NY

CAN A NURSING HOME RECEIVE ANY MONIES OF IRREVOCABLE TRUST IF THE RESIDENCE IS NOT OCCUPIED BY REMAINING SETTLOR

1. Frank Louis Buquicchio

3

Answered . There are a number of factors. When was the trust established? When was the home transferred to the trust? What does the trust say as to if/how income is paid? You should consult with an experienced attorney as soon as possible

2. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

3

Answered . Agreed. There are a lot of factors that go into answering your question. I suggest consulting an attorney in your area for further help.

On another note, typing in all-caps makes the questions difficult to read.

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . It depends on the date of the trust, the date of transfer, and the language in the trust.
    No one can answer your question without the above information and a discussion of
    the facts of your circumstances.

4. Kenneth Lee LaBore

Pro

Answered . This is a complicated question and to be safe you should consider consulting an estate and planning attorney in your area. You can find one on AVVO.