One More Question - Warrants when i was arrested Police refused to show me Warrant even after sending me to Jail - is this legal

San Jose, CA |

I even asked Police to do so - he dragged me out of my home handcuffed - gave excuse "I can do anything with this warrant" or to such nature - will not goto nature - but was Felony - I did see Warrant in house next day approx 2 years ago (Still in pre-trial stages) Also they waited approx 8 hours before asking if I wanted to make a phone call.

To my knowledge, police only have to have a valid warrant. They need not actually show it to you.

The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response is for educational purposes only. I have not met with you and I am not knowledgeable about the specific details of your case. Each case is unique and different. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you contact and meet with a licensed criminal defense attorney to discuss your specific circumstances. In addition, an attorney-client relationship is not created by virtue of this response.

They should have put a copy in your property or left a copy in your house.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights