One lawyer want to say the advisor was in effect another want to say my brother was in effect when he represented his self .

Allentown, PA |

My brother lose his case now he trying to get it back in trail who should he go with

1. Your question is very difficult to understand. It appears that your brother represented himself at trial. If that is the case the only remedy available to him would be a direct appeal to the Pennsylvania Superior Court. That has to be filed within 30 of sentencing. If he can not afford counsel, he is entitled to have counsel appointed to represent him at no cost.

2. If you don't get a good result at trial and a motion for new trial is not granted, then your recourse is appealing it. If you didn't get such good results at trial and it was because of ineffective assistance of counsel, it might be worth investing in an appellate lawyer that has a little more experience and better work product to stand behind.

Best of luck

There is NO attorney-client privilege based on this interaction. I am NOT your attorney. We have no signed engagement letter with a clear understanding regarding fees. Further, everything we both just wrote is publicly available on the internet and would be the same as if we were talking in a crowded restaurant, there are many witnesses looking over your shoulder and can repeat anything you write here. If you need legal assistance use Avvo to find a local attorney in your jurisdiction that you feel can best represent your interests as a zealous advocate. My experience is in corporate tax, white collar criminal defense, partnership tax, and tax controversy/litigation. If you're being audited by the IRS or state taxing authority, or you are taking an unusually risky tax position on a return, that is the kind of thing you should have experienced counsel on your side and we can set up an initial consultation. If you have a family law, debt collection, violent crime sort of issue then I do not handle that. Do not contact me for an initial consultation on non-tax matters.