One lawyer want to say the advisor was in effect another want to say my brother was in effect when he represented his self .

Asked over 1 year ago - Allentown, PA

My brother lose his case now he trying to get it back in trail who should he go with

Attorney answers (2)

  1. William A. Jones Jr.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your question is very difficult to understand. It appears that your brother represented himself at trial. If that is the case the only remedy available to him would be a direct appeal to the Pennsylvania Superior Court. That has to be filed within 30 of sentencing. If he can not afford counsel, he is entitled to have counsel appointed to represent him at no cost.

  2. Daniel Lee O'Neil

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you don't get a good result at trial and a motion for new trial is not granted, then your recourse is appealing it. If you didn't get such good results at trial and it was because of ineffective assistance of counsel, it might be worth investing in an appellate lawyer that has a little more experience and better work product to stand behind.

    Best of luck

    There is NO attorney-client privilege based on this interaction. I am NOT your attorney. We have no signed... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,349 answers this week

3,211 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,349 answers this week

3,211 attorneys answering